My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, November 14, 2009

40 plus friendship

There are many things to celebrate in your 40s! One of which is longtime friends. Happy Birthday, Wendy. I still remember 41 years ago praying that I could be four like you (I was three).
Thanks for a 40 plus friendship.

4 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

aw - I just met some old friends today too! It's always great! Happy birthday to your friend!

wendy said...

Becky, I am so glad you came to visit me again.
I am still interested to know how you manage to blog and read blogs with your blindness.
You are amazing and I think I will be inspiried by your blog so I need to come visit yours often.
Isn't it fun to have friends that you have known for soooooooo long.
My best friend in Utah I have known for 25 years.
My best friend here in alberta, we were high school friends, so that would make it 46 years.
yowza
also, the post below about how people inspire us -----what would we do without them.

Becky Andrews said...

Lisa - thank you! Glad you had a chance to see an old friend as well.

Wendy - for a minute I thought my friend I was talking about had actually left a comment :D! Yes, your words are so true. I use adaptive software - many of my blogger friends are much more techno savvy, however. You have inspired me to do a post on this subject.

3 labs 4 me said...

There's nothing more comforting than sharing time with a friend who's been your friend such childhood. That would be my dear friend Teresa.