My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, October 16, 2009

Double Trouble

Tomorrow is our Century Ride = 100 mile bike ride around St. George! We hopped on the tandem today and rode 30 miles. People often will call out to us on our bike: hey cool bike. wow, mom that bike has two people on it. Often we hear: hey, she's not pedaling in the back. (Really, I am). Today we passed someone and they said: oh double trouble. That was a new one and we laughed. We laugh a lot on our bike. Its an adventure that I love and find myself being so grateful that health allows us to enjoy this experience together. (We'll see if we still feel that way tomorrow afternoon)

4 comments:

L^2 said...

Wow, 100 miles! Hope you have a great ride! :)

3 labs 4 me said...

I've been thinking about you all day. I can't wait to hear about your century ride.

Princess Coral said...

Cool! I should do something like that too!

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks for the well wishes. Nikki, there is a great tandem club in San Diego: www.cyclingforsight.com if you want to join!