My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Girl

*Cricket prefers morning church - it doesn't overlap dinnertime! Afternoon church means a brisk walk home (she knows dinner is at the other end).
*Cricket sits up for the final 'amen' and also when she hears the second bell ring (class time). Someone often comments on how smart she is for this behavior -- (I think she does many smarter things)
*Cricket backs out of the bench or tight row of chairs. The ladies I was sitting next to today found that very impressive - she knows reverse! one of them said.
Cricket is very quiet in church. She can become a nice tight little ball and snooze through church. I was also thinking today that it is one of the rare places that people greet Cricket by name!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

My little girl Calliope was a great dog at church too. She loved it! All 3 of my dogs knew what that last Amen meant too.

I actually really enjoyed taking my PIT's to church every week. Its good to hear that Cricket likes church too.

Karen said...

Just a note! You were also very well behaved in Church as a young girl. Much better than your brothers I must admit. Glad that your ward is appreciative of Cricket's work. Love you

Cassie & The Dogs said...

Poppy thinks church is a fabulous place for a siesta! Sometimes she snores though. One day it was so loud, people 2 rows away heard her. But I just pointed to the guy sitting next to me since he was snoring too. Ha! Hopefully, her church life will continue as a guide. Only one had issues with church as a guide - but its hard to switch religions. He thought those Catholics were WAY confusing! :)