My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Being 'Professional'

I am excited to be invited to be a part of the Grief Institute Advisory Board. This is such an area of my passion.

We had a planning luncheon Friday at Tucano's Brazillian Grill (So delish). It was so wonderful to meet eight other professionals that are also so passionate about this work! Loved the chance to get together and brainstorm on our future events.

I laughed in the midst of our meeting when the waiter was bringing out the meat and hesitated as he came near me. He was so concerned that Cricket would want some meat and said he didn't want to bring it close to her and have her feel sad! There was no response from Cricket (of course). She was flat out on the floor - I told him she has no idea what she is missing out on. The meat and meeting were incredible ... perhaps you could say Cricket and I were both being professional!

1 comment:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Ahh...such a nice thought! I have had waiters do that too, but my girls just sleep right on through (well most of the time!).

Sounds like a fun place to go.