My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, September 3, 2009

And we're off

A recent experience reminded me that I feel very safe with Cricket and see her continuing to expand her confidence in her work as a guide. I knew she had advanced to a next level of teamwork when she walked to Ann Taylor without much guidance ... (can I say ... new shirt - my dog guided me to it). She knows Gateway very well now and understands some of the crazy pathways which makes it fun!

We are embarking on a little adventure today .. we are flying to San Francisco for two days to some board meetings which I am very excited about! This little trip will also include meeting some fun people and dogs -- can't wait to post pictures!

We will fly to the San Francisco Airport, take a shuttle and join our group for two days! I am a little nervous about a new airport that I'm not familiar with but know that Cricket will do great which calms me. I've lost count but this is somewhere around flight #35-36 for this girl. We both love a new adventure!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Have fun in California. Wow, Cricket is quite the jet setter with that many flights under her harness! Very impressive!!