My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funny Experience

Steve recently had a 'procedure' (I told him I would NOT blog about his colonoscopy) at the hospital. I appreciate him being proactive and taking care of his health ... I hope to have him by my side for years to come!

He was coming out of the anesthesia and the nurse called me from the waiting room to come back. Cricket and I walked back to the room and arrived to visit with Steve. All of a sudden three nurses were in the room SO concerned! One of them asked - who's dog is that? For a second, I was afraid they were going to ask me to leave the area with my guide dog. When I told them she was my guide dog - they said that's what they were afraid of and who was the designated driver! I reassured them that we had a driver (Kendall) who would be coming to pick us up soon. There was a sigh of relief and they said they just panicked concerned that no one was with me. Then they encouraged me to have Cricket lick Steve to help him wake up. She happily did her job.

2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

That's so funny! Those were quick-thinking nurses, being concerned about how everyone would get home. Hope Steve is recovering well.

3 labs 4 me said...

Nothing better to wake you up than dog kisses.