My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My 'Puppy'

I often affectionately refer to this girl as 'my puppy'. Lately, people have been commenting on how she looks like a mature dog now. She is four - what do you think?
I wish I could hang on to this age ... she is a settled in guide dog - feels confident in her work and her routine, an easy going girl, mellowed out from her early days (loved that early energy and excitement too), yet is still young enough can walk a healthy pace. Cherishing the fabulous fours of Cricket.

2 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Oh.... She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSU 98 said...

She will always be your puppy, no matter how old she is...Chelsie is still "my puppy" at 7 1/2! She is beautiful....just think of her as exuberant...that is what I say about little bean...64 lbs of pure exuberance!