My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lucky Girl

Our 25-Year Silver Anniversary is tomorrow, Sunday, July 19th.
For the past 12 days I have received a gift (many of them silver) each morning with an amazing note from Steve. They have been hidden ever so gently (an email telling me directly where to find the gift of the day). It has been very special and fun. Our daughter, Natalie, helped him get some amazingly special gifts that I want to share more about in a future post.
Each day for 25 years at some point in the day, Steve tells me "Your husband is the luckiest guy ever." There were times when I didn't believe him. When I thought, I am such a burden - how could you think that! You see Steve married me knowing full well that I was losing my vision to Retinitis Pigmentosa. He also married me after my freshman year and he knew I dreamed to complete a master's degree in 'something'. I was a pretty clueless 19 year old. Somehow he believed in me and saw my potential! All I knew is that I loved him, felt that belief that he had in me, knew we had much in common, and that he made me laugh daily.

Now, we are leaving for Logan to go back and stay in the cute little Anniversary Inn that we stayed in 25 years ago. Little did I know at that point, that we would be accompanied by a cute little guide dog on our next stay.

I haven't showered him with gifts for the past 12 days. I actually don't have anything for him and yet I know that is okay with him. I plan to take him back to the place where I shared that I had Retinitis Pigmentosa with him and he told me I could still achieve my dreams. I plan to take him back to the place where we would ditch Institute and talk for hours. I plan to take him back to the hill where we would roll down. I plan to take him to our favorite bakery to get a pastry. I plan to take him to the place where I could see him at his job and could just conveniently pass by. (I wouldn't be able to see him anymore but I know the spot!) I plan to go on a long walk with him and just enjoy being together. Happiness is being married to your best friend. I think I am the Luckiest Girl Ever!

6 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

You brought tears to my eyes, once again. Have a wonderful anniversary & enjoy your special day together. I have no doubts that you will!
Congratulations Becky & Steve on 25years. Wishing you 25 more years of happiness!
Debi & Steve

Kauaiart said...

You are all heart Becky Andrews!
Have a lovely, sweet anniversary with your lover and best friend.

Infrequent Flyers said...

So sweet! Happy anniversary to you and to Steve. You are so fortunate to have each other!

Lacey said...

Hope you had a wonderful time! Happy Anniversary!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Happy anniversary!! You are awesome! Thanks for getting married! I'm a lucky girl!

Karen said...

You brought tears to my eyes too and that isn't great in a public library. We have always felt you two had something so special.

Love you - Dad and Mom