My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pouting, Patient Cricket

On a recent fun shopping excursion with a friend, she looked back and asked - Oh, Is Cricket okay?
I checked the time ... and said yes, she's just pouting because its an hour past when she usually gets fed! Oh, poor Cricket - just doing a little pouting! She was enjoying the rare privilege of sitting on the seat but that didn't make up for late dinnertime. She is SO patient.

5 comments:

OSU 98 said...

I had a hard time believing the title to this post when I saw it...that sweet gorgeous Cricket POUTING? It cannot be so...at least she has a good reason. I am quite sure she was well taken care of when the trip was over. I can tell she is starving, never fed, etc...

Infrequent Flyers said...

Cricket really IS pouting, isn't she! Amazing how much dogs can communicate with us, really amazing.

Brittany said...

She looks SO sad!!! It is good that these dogs can be so patient with us. I love the look of total devastation on her face, like she doesn't expect to be fed ever again!

Kauaiart said...

We are having a whole week of pouting. Since Mirage was spoiled for the last three years she is dependent on a zillion kibble for each pleasing act she does, Every curb and flight of stair. . .
So I have suddenly stopped. It took three days for her to work properly. I think we are re establishing balance here.

Becky Andrews said...

Yes, Cricket knows how to work those eyes and pout. She can get anyone on her team!

Suzy - agree. I overdid the kibble a bit and have come back to a balance.