My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A place for everything ... everything has its place

Does anyone else have a silly habit that you know does not help your life but you continue to do so ... okay, thats a dumb question - we all have at least one (I've got many!)

Here's one of mine that as of tonight I am going to try not to do:

I come home and take off my earrings and shoes and leave them ... could be until morning when I am searching for that watch ... or could be later when I stumble upon them. Its amazing I haven't lost more earrings this way. The next morning I am searching for my shoes, or watch or earrings - did I leave them by the computer, by the back door, in the bedroom? Its not helpful for anyone but someone that is blind -- to 'search' for something is really a stresser and this one can be alleviated! Okay, I'm off to put away my shoes in the closet and my earrings and watch in the jewelery cabinet!

2 comments:

Sarah and the Pack. said...

I am forever losing my sunglasses. I leave them on even when it gets dark because they hold my hair back, and then when I go outside, I can never find them! I have left them in the weirdest places too....on top of the TV, in my sock drawer, in the dog food bin....

LOL! It doesn't help me at all, but I still keep doing it.

Karen said...

This must be a learned habit. I do the very same thing but regretfully have an easier time finding them. I have always felt a person couldn't breath with their shoes on.