My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Is this really part of the job?

I wonder sometimes if Cricket asks this question. Saturday was such a fun day with Natalie. We started with yoga - a new class and love it. I'm going to try to get to that class as often as possible - Saturdays seem to be a bit challenging. Then we enjoyed lunch with friends - Kathy and Ali - super fun to see them and get caught up. Ali and Natalie grew up together and hadn't seen each other for almost two years. Then, we shopped (yes, we did end at Ann Taylor with a few fun new finds -- we found an adorable jacket for Natalie and I added a couple new white shirts to my collection)and we ended our little girl time with manicure/pedicure!
We then met the guys for dinner. As mentioned, just love being together!

3 comments:

Kauaiart said...

Wow, that was a special day!!

3 labs 4 me said...

Didn't Cricket enjoy a pedicure too? Mother & daugther time is always special no matter what you do together..................

Unknown said...

How funny - my day was almost exactly like yours. Only my toenails are periwinkle with white flowers on my big toes. That's the first time I've ever had that done. I went with my three sisters and my mother, then we went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Then we went shopping but I only added a new pair of sandles to my collection. Fun memories. Then I drove back to Layton and Rob and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner and afterwards we went and saw "Star Trek". Great day!!! Now Robs gone for the next two weeks. OH the life of an officers wife.