My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, May 8, 2009

"Nesting"

I found this fun little piece in Greece and had to buy it. It pulled me in! I remember my kids playing on the teeter-totter together. Fun memories at the park came back as I shared with the clerk in the tiny island in Greece. She was so sweet and asked how old? (was as much as I could understand) Uh, my kids are almost 24 and 22 I explained. She smiled and we shared a connecting moment as moms! Nothing brings me greater joy than to see them happy.
All I wanted for Mother's Day is to have my kids home for the weekend. Fortunately, Natalie and Kendall will both be here. Adam is in the midst of finals so won't be able to join us this year. (Best wishes - we love you) Natalie is flying in tonight and I am super excited for a girls day tomorrow. Cricket will have a day of working as we are meeting friends for lunch, shopping, accompanying us for a mani and pedicure and hopefully even a yoga class! We'll meet up with the boys for dinner.
This is one of my favorite poses and enjoy the moment whenever I can get them on each side. What a joy they are in our lives. Thanks, Natalie & Kendall for the joy you bring into my life and your love and patience with your mom.

No comments: