My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Finding our Own Walden Pond

From my book on Simplicity we read: Friendship is the root of happiness - fear is the core of unhappiness. We are each challenged to find our personal 'Walden Pond' our special place for reflecting and centering ourself ... it could be that local cafe, the yoga mat, or even your living room couch or the beautiful gorge in Oregon - as Debi is pictured here with 5 beautiful dogs. She is such a kind, caring friend and her love and appreciation for the beauty in nature inspires me.
She reminds me by simply being herself and support me to create a Walden Pond in my life. Love you, Debi. Where's your Walden Pond?

2 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I love Debi! She's the best, isn't she?

I wonder where my Walden Pond is in San Diego - I certainly don't go to it enough if I have one.

3 labs 4 me said...

Being one with nature is what keeps me happy. Plus, sharing my daily adventures with all these dogs makes life even better.