My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Introducing another one of my heroes - my mom! My mom is amazing, and such an example of love, service and determination. I learned from her resiliency and that I could do anything if I set my mind to it. She is my biggest fan in whatever I am doing. She has travelled the world serving and yet is always available by phone, email or a visit. Have a great day, mom! You're the best!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Did I ever tell you how much my mom enjoyed talking to your mom? She sounds like a great mom!!

3 labs 4 me said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. How funny that your parents birthdays are days apart from each other. You look fabulous Karen!

Brandi Hyer said...

I dont think I have seen a picture of your mom before but the good news is you look just like her! She is darling!