My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Follow-up Post

I have been searching through the computer for past talks to see if there are any ideas for ones that I am giving this week. I came across the following poem that I love ... you may have heard before:

What better reason has one to live
Than have a service that she can give?
To be of help on life's rough road
And help another to carry her load?
I envied the dog with the seeing eye
As she led her master so proudly by
Ever alert to her master's care
And proud of the cross she had to bear.
No thought of greed, no selfish whim,
No motive mean to hamper her,
Proud of the privilege to serve and be
The eyes for her master who cannot see
Giving her life with a joyous heart
Willing and eager to do her part
No wonder I was thrilled as they passed me by
That woman and her dog with the seeing eye.

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Wonderful poem. I've never seen that one before. Quite touching.