My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, December 19, 2008

Job Security for Cricket

I had to return to the Moran Eye Center for follow up on the Macula Edema in my eyes and to determine if they would do a steroid injection on the left eye today. To make a long story short, the doctor and I decided to wait a few more months before we did the left eye even though it was swollen. Hey, I'm okay with procrastinating pain! I met a fellow guide dog team (sadly, I didn't get her name ...!) She had a beautiful black lab and after we had both been in the waiting area for a few hours and it was just the two of us we did let Cricket and her guide say hi. So adorable! We both had to get pictures taken of our eyes, etc. and the doctor confirmed not anything they could do for our deteriorating eyes. We told Cricket and her guide, they had job security! I hope our paths cross again.

No comments: