My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

These beautiful eyes get us into trouble at times!

I love working with clients of all ages ... teenage girls are so much fun (sometimes you have to get creative on getting them to talk). So today we were playing a fun self-esteem game that has questions, etc that we ask to each other. I've learned that to get them to open up and share - I need to be willing to do the same a bit. One of the questions that this client had to answer was what she thought my best physical feature was ... she laughed and said your eyes - which are Cricket's eyes!
These sweet little eyes are a challenge at times. Sometimes someone will say, I know I'm not supposed to pet your dog but she is looking at me with those beautiful brown eyes (sometimes a wagging tail too). Today at the doctor ... the one phlebotomist (is that what they are called the one's that draw your blood?) tried three times to get some blood from my arm - he finally gave up and got another to attempt the feat ... meanwhile he says, I'll play with the dog while you are drawing her blood. I'm stuck in the chair getting blood drawn trying to please ask him to not get Cricket all excited - that she is just fine sitting there even with her penetrating brown eyes! He wouldn't listen and I think Cricket knew I was trapped and couldn't move because I would get poked! I must say though Cricket did fabulous on 'find the chair'. We have been working on her reinforcing this concept and being able to go to an empty chair to sit down.

1 comment:

Lisa and pups said...

with those eyes - no wonder she gets into trouble! :) HA HA HA