My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, November 14, 2008

This morning I am off to visit the retina ophthalmologist for an eye exam. One doesn't need to go and get tests to know that the vision is diminishing but in my opinion it is important to go and have a consultation - I have had secondary complications - macula edema & cataracts - when are those taken care of with retinitis pigmentosa is always a more difficult decision for the doctor and patient. I also have had a lot of flashing lights and floaters going around in the center part ... at times I wish this crazy little vision that sometimes just complicates things would leave ... but then I also am grateful for the added help it gives me. The roller coaster ride of retinitis pigmentosa!

Today I have chosen to take a cab and have this cute little girl as my partner.

I have great family and friend support and any would join me for this appointment if I asked ... but for some reason today I am choosing to venture there with Cricket by my side.

Following the appointment I have a lunch scheduled with friends and we are having some friends over for dinner so it will be an enjoyable day.

No comments: