My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Going Green ...


I am very happy that our city is recycling on a much more proactive basis - we have a separate bin. The instructions of what can go in there is pretty complicated. I keep asking Steve, okay can 'this' go in the bin ... their list of instructions and approved items is a little confusing and they pick up on odd weeks ... or is it even?! I love my 'going green' bag from Guide Dogs for the Blind gift shop .. It feels good to carry it in my purse and tell them at Ann Taylor -- I don't need a bag - who would of thought I could be helping the planet while shopping at Ann Taylor!

1 comment:

OSU 98 said...

Green is good! I have done a number of things to become more green, but have drawn the line and biodegrable waste bags. My friends had a little banter on their blog about biodegradable waste bags (themonroes.blogspot.com) and they are quite expensive. I think they said 150 bags were like $10 - those would last about a month in my house, I carry at least three bags on every walk...she is a consistent two you-know-whatter on her walks...so that could get expensive very quickly. We will have to share notes on what we have done to become more green!