My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, November 10, 2008

Meet Tom the Turkey ...

I love November and the reminder to have a grateful heart.
One of our Thanksgiving traditions is typically on the first Sunday in November we would have a short family home evening and write on feathers things we were thankful for ... we would then put it on the fridge around Tom the Turkey. As people stopped by to visit throughout the month, they would also write on a feather something they were thankful for -
Our Tom the Turkey is a little lonely this year with the kids gone ... hoping for some visitors! What are some other Thanksgiving traditions you do? Comments and ideas, please!

4 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Health, famil, a roof over my head, a job, health insurance, my great friends...and of course, my very beautiful, gorgeous and precious baby angel!!!

Princess Coral said...

What a neat tradition!

Steve said...

Thats amazing, My family does the same tradition! I must say I am thankful for an awesome wife who supports me no matter what and is a lot of fun to be with. Also Children who are great people and tons of great friends many whom we have met through the visually impaired community.

3 labs 4 me said...

I'm thankful for my husband who loves me, supportive family, my health, Desma, Dakota & Honda, wonderful friends & YOU!