My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend in St. George


Cricket is such an easy traveller. She loves to go so her main concern is not to be left behind (I have not had a chat with her yet about Greece next month -- I figure it doesn't do any good to tell her too much in advance that she's not making that trip). She typically curls up on her bed and sleeps all the way. Midway, she leaned her head over the seat and let out a sigh... we knew she must need a break at the 'rest stop.' So did I. We enjoy listening to books on CD and this trip we enjoyed Marley and Me by John Grogan - an entertaining story about a yellow lab with a tender ending. It made me laugh remembering some of Pantera's mischievious antics ... getting on the countertop and eating a loaf of bread ... she was funny she would always lay by the evidence - an empty bread bag in this case (sometimes there wasn't any evidence left.)

2 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Love the picture...she is just too darn cute. Good call about Greece...Chelsie is so spoiled that when I leave, grammie comes and gets her so she does not have to see the suitcase!

Becky Andrews said...

Nicole ... Yes! Cricket knows the suitcase and stays close by my side when it is around. That is the tough part of travelling but I know I can't put her through the long flight of Greece. She will be much happier home.