My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Enjoyable Evening w/Paul, Phyllis & Gage


We love spending time with friends and Paul and Phyllis are such dear friends. Paul and I met each other 20 plus years ... we both have retinitis pigmentosa and so have experienced the challenges of that journey together. We have been there for each other as we quit driving, as we began using a cane and a dog, all the other vision loss adjustments. We love spending time together as couples - enjoying tandem biking, etc. Phyllis fixed a wonderful healthy dinner tonight (I'll post the recipe of the brown rice & vegetables when she gives it to me -- so good - both Steve and I loved it). We enjoyed a Fall evening on their patio while Cricket and Gage ran around ... well Cricket tried to encourage Gage to run around. He is 10 so doesn't quite have the energy of our 3 year old Crickers!

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

I think now that it is cooling off, our children seem to have this new found energy. At soccer last night, someone said to me - Does she ever stop? No, never. And I love it.

Becky Andrews said...

Nicole;

Yes, love their energy! You are right the cooling off is very pleasant for Cricket ... she is not a fan of the heat.

3 labs 4 me said...

There's nothing better than sharing good times with friends.