My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cricket leaves her paw print


We are SO excited ... they are almost finished with this sidewalk ... if you know the area it is kind of complicated with a light not being anywhere near on the other direction and so it is not easy to avoid this sidewalk to get to the other side. Well, today Cricket and I walked along here with Cricket walking right along the road but as you might be able to tell (I couldn't of course while on the journey) ... they had left an opening on the newly poured driveway part ... so now they have a cute little paw print where Cricket tried to turn back to get on the sidewalk. She really was just trying to do her job. The concrete workers hollered out to us to 'stop' ... (we took the picture later when no one was there). I laughed thinking about these men seeing this lady and her guide dog coming on to the freshly poured concrete and trying to figure out what to do! They have been working on this area for a year so I will be super happy when it is complete and Cricket and I can walk a simple straight line on the sidewalk. The little things in life, right!

No comments: