My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, August 11, 2008

Ever Have One of those Days?

I came home from work tonight at 10 pm and had an email from my sweet daughter, Natalie linking me to the blog of an amazing woman . Her ability to share her journey and doing 'what has to be done' inspite of such challenges inspired me after a rough day. Thanks to both of these woman!

Today had some amazingly wonderful parts of the day and a frustrating part! First, remember the client that I shut out of my office (oops ... in a blind awkward moment!) we are continuing her journey and it is amazing. I love my work ... I don't know if I can even call it work . . my passion! Many other sessions throughout the day that were a privilege to be a part of.

We had a 3 hour break - just enough time to go down to Gateway and find some bargains. First stop, I get a diet coke and a big cookie (I know not the healthiest of lunches) and Cricket a glass of water. Second stop, Bath and Body Works to redeem my coupons -- yeah, I fall for every gimmick or coupon. Then, next stop Ann Taylor Loft. We go into the dressing room and Cricket laid right down in the corner -- I thought wow, this girl has become a wonderful shopper in the past year and went to get my camera out of my purse to take a picture of her snuggled up in the corner of the dressing room (she knew it would be a while!) No camera! So, I call back to two offices that I had been to earlier that day . . no such luck. About this time, the Ann Taylor employee knocks on my door and asks if she can help me and I tell her my plight! Once again they go the extra mile and call the previous stores I have been to see if the camera is there. Unfortunately, no such luck. The camera is still missing. I called Steve to ask him to check the car - hoping that it hadn't made it to my purse but he had put it in my purse -- Darn... somewhere in the day it had fallen out. Then, I call a cab to get a ride back to my office and it took them forever ... I had just shared with a friend how wonderful and efficient they were! Guess, I caught them just at shift change and it took them 45 minutes.

Frustrating... I know you will miss pictures of Cricket until I get a new camera!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Oh nooooooo. Sorry to hear about your camera. The first year that my sister & her family came out to Oregon, she lost her camera. They had taken lots of beautiful & fun photos on Mt. Hood, Cannon Beach, plus many others. They are gone forever, but at least, we still have our memories. Next time, put your name & business e-mail address on it, so even if you don't get your camera back, some one could e-mail the photos to you. Love, Debi

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks, Debi! Just got to my office and it was turned in. Yes, good reminder re: marking it -- it had nothing to indicate who it belonged to.