My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cricket Earned Respect ...



Just a funny experience ... two men came today to install high definition on the tv's (doesn't really affect my tv viewing). Cricket was happy to see them and while they were here she rolled over on her back and one was rubbing her belly, etc. She ran and brought them a couple bones and laid by them. A few minutes later, I was about ready to go so I pulled out her harness so that we would be ready for our ride. She jumped up from playing with them and came to my side. The one man said, "Oh wow - she is a guide dog. That is so cool." Cricket got her harness on proudly with a bounce in her step.

No comments: