My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Call me, friend


Anyone that knows me, would probably agree that I am way sentimental. I can remember the day I met Lori twelve years ago as we both began to work at the Moran Eye Center. We quickly realized we had much in common and enjoyed spending time together both at work and off. Over the years we have loved sharing times as friends and also enjoyed double dates with our fun husbands. Tonight Steve and I went to dinner with Lori for one of the last times before she joins Ken in Indiana - he started his new job in July. She is such an amazing friend and I will miss her immensely. We have had many a lunch 'solving' life's problems and celebrating all the great times. Lori had a special connection with both Pantera and Cricket. Lori came out the day before Pantera died and spent several hours with us and helped me 'let go' of my Pantera. Not sure how you thank someone for that special gift. (Tonight we didn't say good bye, just our regular ... call me! Thank heavens for cell phones & email.

No comments: