My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pay it Forward ...

Today as I was crossing a busy intersection with Cricket (of course!), my phone fell out of my pocket. Knowing I could not stop in the middle of the street, I just kept on walking. I reached the other side of the street and heard my name being called. I stopped and waited while a kind lady (she called me by name but I have no idea who she is -- the joys of blindness) pulled her car over, ran into the street and gathered up my phone and brought it to me. I thanked her grateful that she made it back to her car safe, but still have no idea who she was -- perhaps that doesn't matter - my challenge is to pay it forward -- Thanks for your kindness, I needed it today. (It was a rough day at the office!!)

One pays in gratitude by paying 'in kind' somewhere else in life. Anne Morrow Lindburgh

No comments: