Time flies! Today is our 24-year annivesary and so many wonderful memories come to mind of the past 25 years (I think we met at Lagoon on a double date, we were with different people on Aggie Lagoon Day! Steve remembers meeting at the single's ward earlier in the summer and can tell you what I was wearing so I guess I can't argue with that!) I remember laughing and feeling so comfortable around him. Through the next months, Steve and I became great friends. He was actually the first person I told that I had Retinitis Pigmentosa. I still remember he was so cool about it and wanted to learn all about it.
Just a few of the things I love and appreciate about Steve:
1. He tells me each day he is the luckiest guy ever to be married to me and gives me a hug and kiss! After hearing this for 24 years . . . I somehow believe him (ha, ha!)
2. He believes in me and has always supported me in my dreams. He has put me through a bachelors and two masters degrees and helped me start my own business.
3. We have so much fun ... I love that we can go anywhere together and enjoy being together. Each day he makes me laugh.
4. I love that he has been so welcoming and supportive of my tools needed in being blind . . .(to those who know Steve - it is so obvious and natural but I am so grateful) . . . He is always thinking of ways we can make life easier . . .in our home, yard, transportation, etc. I love that when I wanted to ride a bike - he bought us a tandem. I love that when I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon he was willing to do it with me and be my guide.
5. I love that he is my best friend and I can tell him anything and he loves and respects me.
I could go on and on . . .but will close so we can go enjoy our day.
Truly Happiness is being married to your best friend. I am so grateful for Steve and the joy he is in my life.