My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, July 21, 2008

Go Nordstrom!!

It is Nordstrom's anniversary sale and Saturday we spent some time there. Steve found his pants that he loves! Nordstrom is so helpful and my experience has been they are very helpful to a customer with a disability - again providing a large comfortable room for Cricket, a personal shopper to identify and assist with shopping.
A picture is worth a thousand words. I love this picture and kudos for Nordstrom for celebrating women with disabilities and recognizing that 48% of those with a disability are also the principal shoppers. I remember in graduate school talking about the journey of inclusion and these subtle messages of a model with a disability being so natural is steps in the right direction in that journey we have been on. As a person with a disability and using a guide dog, I have noticed and appreciated the strides in access and inclusion. Perhaps the next Nordstrom sale can post a woman (or man) with a guide dog!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

I love Nordstom too. They offer a high level of customer service to any customer that wants their help.
If I'm in a rush, they back off & they let me shop without any interruptions. Of course, all I have to hear is the word "SALE" & I'm off for a little shopping. Thanks girlfriend.