My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flyin with Cricket ...

I still am always amazed when travelling by airplane when I think about the whole concept! I love to travel and will hop on a plane whenever I have the chance! I love to go and that is one of the reasons that I decided to get guide dog 13 years ago. I found myself walking slower with a cane and longed to walk freely down the street. After beginning to walk with a guide dog, I realized I had never been able to walk so freely before in my life. With RP, my vision had never been 'normal' and I had always walked tentatively even before a cane. I still marvel at the joy of flying down the sidewalk (or wherever I need to go) with a guide dog. Being able to say, "Cricket forward ... " and knowing she will guide me safely is an awesome experience!! I wish everyone could experience it!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Yes, you & Cricket sure fly through a crowd................it's amazing watching you two work together. What a team. Just thinking about it, makes me teary eyed.