My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tribute to Pantera


Before we begin the journeys of Cricket, my guide dog of the past year -- I want to celebrate and honor my first guide dog, Pantera. She died March 22, 2008. She opened my eyes - literally to the amazing freedom a guide dog can give to an individual. Pantera was the 'dog of honor' at her puppy raiser's wedding, Meg -- I will always love her and think of her fondly as my dog of honor. Thanks Pantera for 9 years of service and devotion as my guide and a loved part of our family.

2 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Pantera will always be in my heart. She was a very special girl. She brought us together as friends & I will always be grateful to her for that!
Love, Debi

Becky Andrews said...

Yes . . .I am so grateful for Pantera and the wonderful friendships she forged! Little did I know when I was so worried about her leg sx that it would introduce me to one of my best friends!! Thanks for the wonderful tlc you gave her at such a critical time. Love you!!