My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tribute to Guide Dog Puppy Raisers



Cricket's Graduation Day, February 24, 2007

I want to thank Cricket's puppy raisers for their love and dedication in raising Cricket. I often tell people that I reap the rewards of countless hours and commitment by dedicated puppy raisers who voluntarily prepare these amazing dogs to be ready for further training at Guide Dogs for the Blind . What fun to discover today an adorable picture of Cricket as a puppy in Guide Puppies of Seattle club! This picture is so fitting of Cricket . . .she is so loving and compassionate with children!

A special thank you to another wonderful puppy raiser, Lindsey, who cared for Cricket while Steve and I were in Europe last month with my parents. How fun to come across her blog and see pictures of Cricket! As you can see Cricket is loved wherever she goes.

Thank you

4 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Your mom gave us the address of your blog and we're loving it! You are an amazing girl, Becky, and we love you. Loye

(Our blog name is "Grandma and Grandpa" so you'll understand why)

Becky Andrews said...

Loye, How fun to hear from you!!! You are nice to read my attempts at being a 'blogger'!! Love you! Becky

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Yeah for puppy raisers that help my mom see!

3 labs 4 me said...

One of the most rewarding experiences as a puppy raiser is meeting wonderful & amazing people like Becky Andrews! Love, Debi